- Episode 11 was kind of whatever for me because it was mostly about that skank hoe. However, two very amazing things did happen. 1. Eun Gyul had the most incredibly adorable sock puppet moment ever (How could you not love this character?) and 2. Eun Gyul finally confessed, and it wasn’t a big production, just a very honest conversation between two friends, which really fit his character. Yaaaaay!!!
- Episode 12 was one of the most wonderfully cracktacularly adorable kdrama episodes of all time. I am in such a quandary here because I am so in love with both the male lead characters.
- I can’t believe it’s almost over!! Only two more weeks!! I know I am going to feel the way I do at the end of CP every time I watch it, like a piece of the world is missing… if only they could be real…
- 11 and 12 were both great episodes!! Great action scenes, some of the twists are beginning to be revealed, and FINALLY the magistrate is taking some action in the romantic arena!!
- Please give us some more romance next episode!! Come on Arang, stop trying to be the noble idiot because you’re going to hurt him if you refuse him anyway, so you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t, so you may as well enjoy it while you can!!!
- I really hope this doesn’t have a sad ending….
Hana Yori Dango
- Since I am planning on comparing TTBY and Hana Kimi (the Jdrama and manga), I decided to do the same with BoF. I am currently watching the J-version, and am planning on re-watching the k-version since it has been so long, and I also plan on reading the manga as well. I am thinking of making this a new section on my blog.
- So despite the fact that all of the boys except Rui are considerably less cute, I am pretty into the J-version. I actually can’t seem to stop watching it. I watched the first 7 episodes in one day, which is a lot considering how busy I have been lately. It has all of the fun without all of the annoying stuff that bothered me in the k-version so far. Thank freaking God that they don’t have her being on the swim team and then getting injured as a plot device, because I think the Korean BoF set the record for male/female damsel in distress in the water moments and I thought I was going to scream when I watched it before (at least this time I will be expecting it)
- Maybe it is because I cannot understand the lyrics, but the music is considerably less annoying than the k-version.
- I think the shorter length of episodes contributes to it being more to the point and less fluff than the k-version.
- Rui’s personality is really different from his Korean counterpart it seems so far.
- Is it just me or is the male lead more violent in this one? I don’t remember him being quite that punch happy in the k-version. but maybe my memory is just foggy.
- God Minako is SO much less ditzy and helpless than her Korean counterpart (and in my opinion a lot prettier too)
- Having said all of this, the really crazy part is just now starting when the rich bitch mom starts to unleash her wrath on Minako, so it may get too ridiculously melodramtic and crazy for me yet.