Okay here we go….
5. I get to see what people search for when they happen to stumble upon my blog. There are some super bizarre things that people search for lol. I occasionally get searches for kdrama porn (which, do they really make that, like kdrama porn spoofs? Because if they do it would be amazingly hilarious!!) or random stuff like “Why do all kdrama actresses have chapped lips?” Or more recently, since I made a crack at her lack of chemistry with Gong Yoo in my post about Big, “Is Lee Min Jung a lesbian?” I was totally joking when I said that, but it seems I am not the only one who has had that thought cross their mind since watching Big lol.
4. I get to talk to people from all over the world. Since I am from the town of Tallahassee (Which may technically be the capital of Florida, but don’t be fooled, it is nothing but the capital building and couple colleges, I don’t even consider it a real city, it’s a more of big town), I don’t get to see a whole lot of diversity around here. So it’s cool to talk to people from different parts of the U.S. and different parts of the world who have different perspectives and interesting stories to tell that I wouldn’t hear otherwise.
3. I can discuss currently airing kdramas with tons of other people after each episode. The only thing that made the demise of Big bearable was bitching about it to other people on my blog and their blogs lol. And in the beginning before it turned to poo, it was awesome to read other people’s blogs and find out theories about what they thought the new plot twists were going to be based on the little clues given in each episode, and I enjoyed making up my own theories about what was going on and then posting them to see what people thought. I look forward to doing this with more currently airing dramas in the future.
2. It gives me an excuse to pretend like my opinions are important. I love when my husband is ready to go somewhere and I’m like “Hold on, I have to finish writing this post, I’m on a roll!!” As if the world will stop if I don’t give my 2 cents about kdramas for a day ha ha. And the truth is I only have a handful of loyal followers, but hey you know what, you guys are awesome and I love venting to you 🙂
1. I drive all of my real life friends a little less crazy with my incessant kdrama babbling which sounds like well, Korean to their ears lol. Since I vent the majority of my kdrama thoughts out on my blog and the kdrama blogs I follow, my friends have to hear a lot less about something that they really don’t know or care about. And I have made some really awesome online friends that I love to chat up on different blogs every day. Plus people recommend new dramas for me to watch that I maybe wouldn’t have watched otherwise or have never heard of before. I have found lots of good ones that way!! One of these days we’re all going to have to start a Kdrama Addicts Anonymous page when it totally takes over our lives. “Um… Hello, may name is Julie, and I haven’t watched a kdrama in 2 days….”